Text Size
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2011 Race Schedule

2011 Race Schedule 3 years 11 months ago #84

Well it's getting close to the end of the season was wanting to ask all the clubs out there to start thinking about the 2011 season schedule. As this season winds down i'm ready to go racing again. Kind of hoping the season doesn't have to end. But now that winters here time to work on the new projects we will debut next year. And if I don't see you at the last race of the season on Oct 9, have a safe and wonderful winter and see you all again next year on the water.

Chris Thornton
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 2011 Race Schedule 3 years 11 months ago #100

I'm with ya on not wanting to see the season end!!

Re: 2011 Race Schedule 3 years 11 months ago #105

Yes we need to set the 2011 season soon and figure out how we are gonna run it. The 2010 season was very weak with only scale and sport 40 being point classes. We need to decide on what classes, how many points races and fees.

Re: 2011 Race Schedule 3 years 11 months ago #159

Anybody got any new 2011 race dates to post yet???

Re: 2011 Race Schedule 3 years 11 months ago #174

Are the nitro nats confirmed yet? Still August 2 thru 6? Any movement on the series format? I know Mike told me that the Evansville races will be the third weekends of May June and September. Hobart I believe will remaim the first weekend of September and Celina will be the first weekend of June. The Wine Run is tentivley moving to the 16 th of July and I believe Madison is going to be the weekend before the Fouth of July weekend at least that is what I have heard from them as of this time, Quad Counties are tenitivley June 11 and September 24
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Marion Farmer.

Re: 2011 Race Schedule 3 years 11 months ago #175

The Nitro Nats were confirmed yesterday. We have set dates but may need to change the May race as my step daughter is getting married om the21st. Id fear for my life if i missed that. Everyone please send me your dates so i can check them and send them on ro the new webmaster This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re: 2011 Race Schedule 3 years 11 months ago #176

Marion Farmer wrote:
Are the nitro nats confirmed yet? Still August 2 thru 6? Any movement on the series format? I know Mike told me that the Evansville races will be the third weekends of May June and September. Hobart I believe will remaim the first weekend of September and Celina will be the first weekend of June. The Wine Run is tentivley moving to the 16 th of July and I believe Madison is going to be the weekend before the Fouth of July weekend at least that is what I have heard from them as of this time, Quad Counties are tenitivley June 11 and September 24

on the wine run at huber i hope they dont go to the 16th of july as that is the same date as the can-am race in celina.

Re: 2011 Race Schedule 3 years 11 months ago #177

I just checked and thats the date they picked July 16th

Re: 2011 Race Schedule 3 years 11 months ago #182

Marion Farmer wrote:
Yes we need to set the 2011 season soon and figure out how we are gonna run it. The 2010 season was very weak with only scale and sport 40 being point classes. We need to decide on what classes, how many points races and fees.

MY suggestion would be these classes:

RTR

Sport 20

Sport 40

Scale

Thunderboat

What does everyone else think on this as a series high point.

I was trying to hit the boats with the most participants, If you would like to get in on the high point series then just add your name to the list, pay the entry fee for the series (to cover cost of the trophy) and then were off to racing.
There needs to be a cutoff date on entering.

We are also going to have to decide which races to include in the series and also how it is going to be run. ie. run all no cut races or best 5 of 7 (example) as you can drop 1 or 2 races. or whatever. we are going to need some input from everyone to see what we need to do next year to make it better than this past year.

Re: 2011 Race Schedule 3 years 11 months ago #186

Chris good luck I agree 100 % But I think an individual having to pay in order to compete in the series was the problem. Most people are not sure how many races they can attend in a season so why invest money in it. Also as for which races are point races, there as been several ideas passed along most seem to want all races to be a point race but to be able to drop a race or two. How many races are the madison guys wanting and what dates.
Moderators: Michael Schindler
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

MGBBanner1