Monday, May 20, 2013
Radio Frequency Chart
Heat Racing Info
History of IMPBA
William E. LeFeber Award
Reset Text Size
Forgot your password?
Forgot your username?
2012 District Meeting for 2013
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
TOPIC: 2012 District Meeting for 2013
2012 District Meeting for 2013
7 months, 3 weeks ago
The annual District 13 meeting was held September 8 at the CMB pond in Charleston SC.
* No old Business required any attention.
* New business included putting procedures in place to make sure all drivers and pit men are IMPBA or NAMBA members.
Starting January 1,2013 All drivers will be issued a “wristband” and anyone pitting for a driver is to be an IMPBA or NAMBA member and will be required to show their membership card and will be issued a “wristband”.
No One Will Be Allowed In The Pits Without A Wristband.
* For Insurance purposes all entry fees will be paid, cards checked, and wristbands issued before you launch a boat.
This includes “Open Water” Time. No Exceptions.
* Anyone that can’t produce an IMPBA or NAMBA card will be required to join the IMPBA and pay the associated fee to race at the event. No Exceptions.
* Since the beginning of the Grand Prix Series we have slowly drifted away from the “Cosmetic” rules of how a boat should look as required by the IMPBA.
Starting January 1, 2013 all IMPBA rules will be followed.
It is the contestant’s responsibility to be familiar with the rules for the class he or she is competing in.
All rules can be found at impba.net under the rule book tab.
Some of the rules that we have been slack on are drivers or simulated cockpits, sponsor names and boat numbers.
So please before you attend your first event in District 13 for the 2013 racing season please review and abide by the rules for the class you are competing in.
* Starting January 1, 2013 the Grand Prix Series will limit entries to 150 boats.
These entries will be on a first come first serve basis.
The 150 boat limit will continue the integrity and format of the Grand Prix Series as a day and a half race with open water on Friday and half day on Saturday.
There will be five races in the Grand Prix Series with the lowest score at the end of the season being thrown out.
If you are racing for a Championship Jacket, please get your entries in early
* The Code of Conduct was reviewed and will be strictly enforced in 2013.
Please review them in the rule book and be familiar with them.
District 13 will not tolerate the abuse of any race official.
Remember, this is a hobby and we are racing toy boats to have a good time with our friends that are like minded.
* LiPo Battery Safety reminder
a. The charging of the battery is to be done on a non-flammable surface.
b. Typical containment vessels may be, but not limited to a fire blanket, fire pouch, baking dish, clay pot or sand.
c. The contestant will provide a fire suppressant such as sand or a properly rated fire extinguisher.
d. Keep your eyes open for any possible trouble by inspecting your batteries before charging them.
Please don’t charge or discharge questionable batteries at our races.
And last but not least the 2013 schedule was set .
Last Edit: 7 months, 3 weeks ago by Doug Smock.
... General Questions
... Members For-Sale
... District 1
... District 2
... District 3
... District 4
... District 5
... District 6
... District 7
... District 12
... District 13
... District 14
... Records Section
... National Gas Director
... Fast Electrics
... Technical Section
Time to create page: 0.94 seconds
Designed by MGB Web Design
Login / New Members
Username or email
No account yet?